Harrisonburg keeps your business connected to national and international markets.
Harrisonburg enjoys an advantageous location on Interstate-81 just north of Interstate-64. Harrisonburg is within a one-day drive of Boston, Atlanta, Nashville, Indianapolis and Detroit.
Rail, Air and Port
Harrisonburg has access to rail via CSX, Norfolk Southern and Shenandoah Valley Railroad lines. Additionally, the city is within close proximity of air and port access:
- Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport – 12 miles
- Charlottesville Albemarle Airport – 51 miles
- Dulles International Airport – 117 miles
- Richmond International Airport – 135 miles
- Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport – 105 miles
- Inland Port of Virginia – 62 miles
- Port of Virginia – 215 miles
The City of Harrisonburg Department of Transportation provides bus service around the city and into parts of Rockingham County. The city also provides service to the campuses of James Madison University and Eastern Mennonite University.